Fresh, wholesome produce? Oh, do we have options! One of Santa Cruz County’s greatest assets is its abundance of fresh, regional foods.
A tour of our farmers’ markets is a great way to discover Santa Cruz’s bounty. And yes—most of them operate year round, even in rain. Here, crops can be produced through all four seasons.
You’ll find brilliantly colored produce, grass-fed meats, handcrafted cheeses, sustainably sourced seafood, and much more. And, as you visit different markets around the county you can get to know local vendors and their offerings.
Coastal Living magazine included this popular market on its “The Coast’s Best Farmers Markets” list. In addition to its vast array of produce and specialty products, Aptos Farmers Market offers professional culinary and garden tool sharpening services.
- When: Saturdays, 8:00 to 12:00 pm, year round
- Where: Cabrillo College, 6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos
Santa Cruz Community Farmers’ Markets (SCCFM) runs markets in five locations. Together, they represent over 100 family farms and vendors. SCCFM is passionate about connecting local farmers and consumers, to promote a healthy economy. Look for an ongoing music series, community building campaigns, and fun educational activities. Delicious pies join their offerings throughout the fall.
- When: Wednesdays, 1:30 to 5:30 pm, year round
- Where: Cedar and Lincoln, Santa Cruz
- When: Tuesdays, 2:30 to 6:30 pm, May through October
- Where: 120 Russell Ave.
- When: Sundays, 9:00 to 1:00 pm, year round
- Where: 15th and East Cliff Drive
- When: Saturdays, 9:00 to 1:00 pm, April through November
- Where: Scotts Valley Community Center, Kings Village Drive
- When: Saturdays, 9:00 to 1:00 pm, year round
- Where: Western Drive and Mission Street, Santa Cruz
If flea markets are your weekend guilty pleasure, check out this farmers’ market/flea market combination at the fairgrounds.
- When: Sundays, 8:00 to 4:00 pm (flea market) and 10:00 to 3:00 pm (farmers market), year round
- Where: 2601 Eastlake Ave., Watsonville
Part of the upscale Seascape Village shopping center, this charming market features live music and local artist displays. Vendor stands are heaped with produce, fresh eggs, and more.
- When: Sundays, 11:00 to 2:00 pm, spring to end of October
- Where: Seascape Village, Aptos
This market boasts a festive, upbeat atmosphere and fabulous Latin American food. Sometimes, music groups are featured. And, of course, you’ll find abundant fresh, delicious produce.
- When: Fridays, 2:00 to 7:00 pm, year round
- Where: City Plaza in downtown
After loading your vehicle at a farmers’ market, why not stop by one of our open houses this weekend? Click here to view our list.
If our farmers’ markets are beckoning you to Santa Cruz County, call us at (831)818-4321, or contact us here. We’d love to help you find your new home!